Getting started in business can be really tough. Equality is Legacy delivers practical solutions by providing grants of up to £20,000 to support up to 200 businesses and start-ups each year. If you’ve got a great business idea or need some funding to expand your business then we’d love to hear from you.
We know forms can be intimidating and feel out of your normal comfort zone. We have tried to make this form as user-friendly as possible. First things grab yourself a coffee, tea, or soft drink as this often calms most people when completing applications. Here are some quick tips:
- Good luck, and don’t be put off by the form. This a hurdle that could change your life so go for it (what do you have to lose?)
- Keep the aim/description of your business idea simple (think elevator pitch), we can get more detail at a later date.
- No need for CV’s or any attachments.
- Make sure your contact details are correct…we will be in touch and we don’t want to miss you.
- Use as much plain English as possible. Avoid text/social media speak. (We get confused quickly!) But don’t panic if spelling is not your strong point.
- Do not worry. If you do not understand something & can’t get help to explain, just leave it blank (we are not an exam board!).
- You are the business. We invest in the people as much as the idea. So be your best self at all points including face-to-face interviews.
- Your data is safe and will not be used by anyone else.
- Note: The processing of grant applications will commence in September 2021.